Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Some simple questions for a beginner...

  1. #1
    mcflytrap
    Guest mcflytrap's Avatar

    Post

    First off, thanks to everyone for your help! I am reading up and learning some stuff but there are still a few questions I need to ask. They are probably stupid questions but like I said, I'm a beginner.

    Question #1:
    Can you shoot non-sound film on a sound camera?

    Question #2:
    What is a good, inexpensive Super-8 camera? My price range would be anywhere up to $100 (and I could probably go more if it is worth it). I heard that Bell & Howell makes a good one, what are some other brands?

    Question #3:
    Does anyone know a website that shows stills from different kinds of film?

    Thanks a lot for your help, and I'll probably be back soon with some more questions. I just don't want to make any purchases without having the facts straight first.

    -mcfly-

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by mcflytrap (edited December 12, 2001).]

  2. #2
    Scott Spears
    Guest Scott Spears's Avatar

    Post

    #1. Yes.

    #2. $100 is tough. Canon, Nizo, Bauer, Bealieu or Nikon are good camera, but finding one for under $100 will be tough. I'd look for a Canon 514XL or maybe a Bauer C4. I think if you shop Ebay you may be able to find one or if you go some local camera shops that carry usd gear. Finally try variety/junk shops or thrifts shops for cameras. Bring along some batteries and a cartidge of film to see if the camera will run film. Make sure that the lens is clean, the battery compartment is free of corosion and everything works freely.

    #3. Go for Kodachrome 40. The negative stocks are great, but can get expensive with processing and transfer at Pro8. For learning, go the K40 route.

    Scott

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •